Saturday, November 18, 2006

Election Night --- and Special Thanks!!


I had the great honor and pleasure of attending Governor Richardson's election night victory celebration at the Hotel Albuquerque. (as a credentialed member of the press -- blogger credentials!!) I also had the immense honor of meeting Governor Richardson. He was exceedingly gracious and I had the opportunity to tell him about the Richardson for President movement, here in Colorado, which is picking up electric steam through our little blog community!
I am tremendously grateful and appreciative to some wonderful people whose kindness and assistance made possible my memorable evening in Albuquerque. I'd like to take a moment to extend my heartfelt and sincere thanks to:
---My dear friend, the beautiful Cara Valente Compton, over at New Mexicans for Richardson (http://newmexicansforrichardson.blogspot.com) for helping in so many ways, and for being a terrific human being and wonderful friend.
---Governor Richardson's extraordinary and dedicated campaign manager, Amanda Cooper (one could never be stuck on an elevator for an hour and 15 minutes with anyone more talented, lovely, or gracious...and yes, we were stuck for an hour and 15 minutes). I'd also like to thank Amanda for introducing me to the Governor!
---Joaquin Guerra, from whom all internet marvels flow! Joaquin was the internet guru for 'Richardson for Governor 2006' and is a terrific guy whom I very much enjoyed meeting.
---Mr. Michael Stratton (a fellow Coloradan) and Governor Richardson's campaign communications director Josh McNeil, for being so gracious and kind. It was a sincere honor and pleasure to make their acquaintance.
---Roberto Rosales, photographer from the Albuqerque Journal, who took the above photo of the Governor and myself. Thank you, Roberto!
And a great, big thank you to all of you who read this blog! The family and community of supporters that we are forming will be a backbone to what I know will be an inspiring campaign! Thank you all!!!
~ Michelle
PS...If you can't read it, my shirt says "Richardson for President -- I Believe!" ---- and the back of the shirt says "Richardson for America -- A Change is Gonna' Come!"


3 comments:

Bentley said...

That is so cool! Now, for election night 2008!!!!

Danny Cabeza de Calabazo said...

Many photos and stories about Governor Richardson at:

http://fatbillandme.blogspot.com/

Tyson said...

Very cool. Nice T-shirt.

-Tyson from Florida for Richardson (Florida4Richardson.blogspot.com)